Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Lehigh, Northampton Counties On Drought Watch list

"06/17/2015-- Despite several recent precipitation events, portions of Pennsylvania continue to have below-average precipitation, below-average groundwater levels, and in some areas, below-average surface water levels."

My Comments About The Article Above
According to "Weather Underground" we're only about 2 1/2 inches short in precipitation YTD. Also according to this source the Lehigh Valley got 2 1/2 inches more this month then average. The state is saying however, these heavy downpours mostly ranoff before being absorbed into the ground.

Well I hate to disagree but for the first time in 10 years some water came through my foundation into my carpeted basement. The area where it leaked in is located about 2 feet above my basement floor. This happened twice in two nights during those heavy downpours. It sure looked like my ground "absorbed" just fine to me.

To those areas where the dirt didn't absorb water...
I'll be happy to trade ya some of mine for yours :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published