Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Time To Revisit 2nd Amendment

"The police chief of Gulfport, Mississippi, expressed his frustration with his state’s open carry laws after a man strolling through a Walmart Sunday night menaced shoppers by loading and racking shells into his shotgun, causing police to dispatch a SWAT team and evacuate the store... “If I were in a situation where I’m in the store shopping with my family and I see an individual loading a 12 gauge, and racking it, I’m not coming to the conclusion this is good,” said Papania. “While the actions of these two men are sanctioned by state laws, what they did negatively impacted our community.”"

My Comments About The Article Above
The gun nuts keep quoting the constitution. Here's a flash. The constitution wasn't etched in stone nor written at the hand of God. When times change things need to be updated. What man created he can change. The constitution is by no means an exception.

Is this really how we want to live our lives in this country?
There's absolutely no good reason why I, my family nor anyone else should be subjected to feeling threatened by these ass clowns when we go out in public. No one can anticipate what someone's motives are when strangers pull this stuff. I don't see how anyone can feel safer having to arm themselves in anticipation they might end up in a shoot out every place they go. This is just plain stupid.

Paranoid gun supporters cling to the 2nd amendment as strong as they do their deadly weapons strapped to their sides in public view. It's time to fix this by updating the 2nd amendment to reflect today's supposedly civilized society.

I'm not saying there aren't bad guys out there with guns, but I don't need a bunch of yahoos running around with their guns in public either. Keep them guns at home. That's where your gun rights should end.


Besides how does any of this have anything to do with a "well regulated militia"?


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published