Monday, June 15, 2015

Another Negative Piece About The TPP



Various excerpts from the article:
"Every time politicians look to pass a new free trade agreement like the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), they reassure the American people that this time around, workers will be protected.

But my research on and experiences in a small industrial town in Illinois... reveals that “free trade” has been a nightmare for most of the American people

... Even President Obama has admitted that NAFTA resulted in massive job losses for American workers when corporations made the economically rational choice and moved production to Mexico, where the wages were much lower and governmental regulation of industry (think clean air and water) much less stringent.

... J.B. Johnson, whose father and girlfriend’s parents had retired from Maytag, told me in 2005, “When Clinton signed in NAFTA, … that’s when I started thinking — you know we’re union up north here and I always had a funny feeling back of mind, there’s a good chance of them leaving.” Sure enough, shortly after the passage of NAFTA, as Johnson, Perot, and many others predicted, Galesburg heard that giant sucking sound: Maytag announced it would move to Mexico.

[BTW: Nearly 2,00 were employed there]

... Fast forward to 2013, when Obama returned to Galesburg to champion, yet again, another of his efforts to renew America’s middle class.. Alas, it was not clear what Obama’s solution was to their plight...

... Now, in 2015, it seems we now know what Obama’s solution is and it does not seem much different from Clinton’s and his Republican allies: just substitute TPP for NAFTA."


My Comments About The Article Above
I'm not sure what happens to these guys after they get elected. Nor am I sure they are even allowed to run the show just because we elected them. I'm beginning to think whoever is really running the show considers a President nothing more then a pain in the ass holding a temporary position. In other words a political figurehead used as a punching bag to appease the general populace.

I hesitate to think all these guys come into office blowing smoke. I tend to think they are surrounded day in and day out by handlers who control every thing they see, hear and are exposed to.

This equates to something in my past experience. The same guy who yelled at and got up in the face of a filler operator in the food production plant where I worked said, "what the hell, are you trying to kill us out here in the packaging area"? A few years later, after he became our first shift superintendent, he balled us out for not working 10% faster then he ever had to. HOW SOON THEY FORGET!

I'm not certain who we should elect next. One things for certain I'm fed up with all the pretty talk in speeches and promises that seem to never materialize. So once again I'm looking for someone outside the box. Someone like I once supported like Ross Perot. So far that guy seems to be Bernie Sanders. Here's a guy who's actions speak louder then the words of all the other candidates so far. A guy who, if elected, would become the worst fears of those looking to exploit the system both politically, economically and in the defense industry.

If he were to get elected and I was proved wrong this would be absolutely the last time I'd ever speak towards this subject ever again... PROMISE!






Please take a look the last video. I think he touched on a lot of things we could all agree with. Any opinions?
What Say You?


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published