Thursday, June 11, 2015

Karma's A Bitch

Some of you may or may not know we watch our daughter's twin 1 1/2 year old girls while she works.

(Actually it's the wife who does, but being a man I like to take credit for it as well)

Anyways, so far they've managed to..* Play with my telephone jack plugged into the wall. Unbeknownst to us until the daughter got home from work and told us our phone was out. Turns out the plastic jack was broken in several places with the wires hanging out. Since this was the main unit to the other cordless phones none of them worked either.

* Fiddled with the spring doorstop until it became unscrewed from the baseboard. Despite the 20 other toys this was their most prized toy of the day.

* Screw around with the greasy chain on my wife's bike. Then waddled all around the place with their greasy hands smutching up everything.

* No matter how many child proof thingies we put on drawers and cabinets there always seems to be one more we missed.

* Our living room, dinning room and kitchen is now like living in a gated community. We now have four gates they love to hang on trying to remove them.

* The next step is putting latches high on top of the doors, since they've become curious about door knobs. They even managed to lock themselves inside their bedroom at home much to their mother's distress.

* Oh and hide the kitty litter box too. They're not tootsie rolls!

* We taped all the cords going to the outlets. They think it's really neat to plug them in and out (mostly out)
I'm not complaining. That's what kids do. It's just at my age I find it a bit harder to go through this once again for the third time.




Here's why I said "Karma's A Bitch".





When I was a little shit...
* I took my dad's Zenith shortwave radio apart to see how it worked.
* Helped weed my mother's flower garden (emphasis on the flowers).
* Drew down our water cistern by leaving the outside faucet on.
* Played the ever popular toilet game of 'will it flush'?
* Who needs mom to hike with & got lost on South Mountain's woods?
* I made a underground fort. It was easy I tunneled out the underground septic tank overflow.
* Disassembled the imported 'black forest' German cuckoo clock to see what made it cuckoo.
* Tried to convert our self propelled lawn mower into a go cart.
* Invited a dozen or so friends to my non existent birthday party.
* Pushed the starter button on my dad's car so I could ride it back and forth in the driveway w/o the key.
I'm sure there were more, but I'd rather not think about them. Therefore these girls certainly have a long way to go before my karma comes back to haunt me. Well I suppose that's something to look forward to, eh? :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published