Monday, January 13, 2020

Phrases You Don't Hear Anymore

Be sure to refill the ice trays, we're going to have company.

Watch for the postman, I want to get this letter in the mail today.

Quit slamming the screen door when you go out !

Don't forget to wind your clock before bed.

Don't you go outside with your school clothes on.

Take that empty bottle to the store so you won't have to pay deposit.

Quit jumping on the floor, I have a cake in the oven.

Let me know when the Fuller Brush man comes by.

Don't lose that button; I won't be able to sew it back on.

Soak your foot in this pan of kerosene so it doesn't get infected.

Hurry up and finish drying the dishes.

I'm going out and compression start the car.

I have to take the wash off the line before we leave.

I'm running out of fresh boiled diapers.

Why would I need a phone in my bedroom?

Don't forget to leave a note for the milkman.

The car needs to get it's points adjusted.

Isn't a skateboard nothing more then a scooter with a broken handle?

I just met the cutest 'soda jerk'.

Got to go and boil some baby bottles.

Socks need darning.

TV's acting up. I'm going down to the store's tube tester.

The coal bin is almost empty.

The record player needs a new needle.

I ran out of carbon paper.

The 8 track mangled the tape.. AGAIN !

I got that information on my 'rolodex'.

The Mimeograph needs more stencils

The handle is broke on the office adding machine.

Encyclopedia salesman is at the door.

Insurance man is here for this month's payment.

Check the oil. Give me $2 worth of gas.

I'm taking the toaster down to the fix-it shop.

What's 'revolving credit'?

Hospital says there's no smoking near the oxygen tent.

When cigarettes go to 35¢ I'm quitting!

Try pumping it & pull the choke out.

Use the electric plug in the floor.

Where's the # key on my rotary?

Beer delivery man is here !

Did you hear, the soda's machine is going up to 25¢?

With cable TV you can now get 12 channels !

HiFi Stereo.. wow !

Which should I buy.. VHS or Betamax?

Why should I put 'siding' on my house?

Triple track windows are the way to go !

The push mower needs sharpening

The ash man comes on Tuesdays.

The wringers are shot on my washing machine.

My dungarees need patching.

Doctor says we can pay him next time he comes to the house.

Repost from February 2013
I've been going through some of oldest posts and reposting them. Some you might have missed and are still relevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published