Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Beware Of Latest Possible Mail Scam



No I'm not talking about email.

I came across a few posts here in the Lehigh Valley where people were claiming they weren't getting their electric bills delivered. Some suggested it's possible scammers are taking them out of mailboxes so they get hold of account information. Once they have the information it could be used to change someone to a more expensive supplier. The same goes for gas bills.


There's always the paperless option but I've found it less preferable for several reasons. On my desk I have a list when bills usually arrive. If they seem to be a couple days late I log on to my accounts.

For those who prefer auto-pay it's a good idea to logon and take a look at the actual bill (usually a PDF file). Knowing the amount and due date alone won't list who your supplier is. Better to be safe then sorry.

The same goes for any bills that arrive through snail mail. Especially credit card bills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published