Thursday, January 23, 2020

TV Sucks

I just compiled the TV shows we want to watch next week. All together there are only 5 hours we're interested in watching. Although I listed 'Ancient Aliens' we will watch them only if I'm not able to come across enough YouTube videos to fill the void.

Those in grey are reruns or not airing this week

I find it sad I'm paying for about 200 channels and can only find 6 shows we're interested in (those in red). Doing the calculations from my bill this works out to be around $5 a show. The majority of videos we watch come free from YouTube. About two dozen or so short clips a week along with some much longer both informative and entertaining. It's either that or watch the four of five cable networks running programs from years ago I've already seen a dozen times.

Speaking of TV. There are 8-12 cable channels airing the Senate impeachment hearing. There are few things I have to say about that. (1) Republican Senators are bitching Democrats are droning on saying nothing new. Hey, that's what you guys wanted. 100% of the Republicans voted against all 11 amendments for new documents or new witnesses. (2) Republicans also voted in agreement to allow three 8 hours sessions for each side. So shut up and live with the results. (3) Just about every worker I know works 8-12 hour shifts. All you guys are required to do is sit on your asses and listen for the money we're paying you. Is that too much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published