Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Coupla Headlines Drew My Interest

Try as I may to avoid politics this one caught my eye. Presidential Candidate Elizabeth Warren said she plans to eliminate student debt on day one by circumventing congress. She plans to do it through an executive order to The Department Of Education. In my opinion she's making a desperate grab for the youth vote. There are several reasons I'm dead set against this.
(1) Currently student debt stands at $1.5 trillion. How the hell is she planning on paying for this?

(2) This is money lent in good faith by working taxpayers expecting to be repaid. Now she wants to renegioate break the contract students made. That's wrong.

(3) Part of a young person's education should include taking "responsibility". This stands in direct opposite.

(4) What about all those who've gone before. Some who are in the process or already paid back upwards $100,000 in some cases?

(5) What makes students so special (other then getting their votes). Gee I'm sorry it didn't work out for some of those after college Neither have things worked out for a lot of people. Should GI mortgages be forgiven when things didn't work out as planned for them as well?
This is what worries me with these progressive candidates. Some are making all kinds of expensive wild promises. I fear instead of drawing votes they will be pushing voters towards Trump getting reelected. What they should be focused on instead is Trump's record and how theirs would differ. Right now I'm not finding a one of these (including Trump) to my liking. The people I'd prefer to see running are too intelligent and moderate in their views to want any part of the job.




Now let's talk about Meghan and Harry.
If I were them I'd run as far away as I could from the royal family. Meghan has three things going against her. (1) She doesn't have royalty in her blood. (2) She's not WHITE enough for the British. (3) She's a 'yank' from the states. As a result the British press has been unmerciful in their relentless bashing of her. BORED PANDA has accumulated a number of examples like this one...

15 Headlines Show How Differently The
British Press Treat Meghan Markle Vs Kate Middleton

The media keeps pushing the story Meghan is driving Harry away from his family. No the royals did that a long time ago. Let us remember Harry's mother Diana was treated the same way. No matter what she did it was never enough. It was a well known fact husband Charles always carried a flame for Camilla Parker-Bowles. He'd sometimes pay more attention to her then his own wife. So I think it's safe to assume Harry was greatly affected by what happened to his mother. Let us also not forget what happened to his mother. She died in a car crash after the relentlessness pursuit by the press behind the car in which she was riding. The same press who is now dogging his wife.

I think it's quite obvious Harry is extremely close to Meghan and doesn't want to see history repeat itself with what happened to his mother Diana He often said how much it affected him so why wouldn't he (or anyone else) choose his marriage over that of the questionable behavior of the royals.

Some say they feel sorry for the queen. If anyone wants to feel sorry for her be sorry that her second son (Prince Andrew) turned out to be rotten. It should also be noted in 1992 three of the queen's four children ended their marriages. If Harry has any sense it be best he not follow any advice from the queen and get away from this family as far as possible.

4 comments:

  1. I thought by now Senator Warren's handlers would have made her less toxic by now.Can't teach old dogs new tricks.Will be watching her tonight to see if she mellows

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you happen to see Senator's Warren's response to Wolf's question on federally built and managed drug manufacturing plants that are part of Warren's plans.I thought I followed this election very closely and I admit I knew nothing abouit these government plants

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't watch the debate. If there were such plans I've heard nothing before this. You're the first to make me aware of this. I'm not sure if government should start getting into the manufacturing business. Seems more like something China might do. Who knows what could come next. I think it should make everyone a bit nervous when government starts using taxpayer money to unfairly compete with the private sector.

      Delete
  3. The Warren proposed drug manufacturing legislation was proposed in 2018 and verified by Politico and other news sites.I assume this proposal was so outlandish the media couldn't report on it. I seem to remember something about The Government taking over the means of protection

    ReplyDelete

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published