Friday, January 31, 2020

Quotes.. Things People Said


I've been accumulating a bunch of quotes for quite a while and just never got around to using them on my blog.

So instead I'll just post the whole stash all at once with the ones I found most enlightening.
~~~

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. That is the principal difference between a dog and a man." - Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

The only reason I drink is to forget my problem. My problem is that I drink too much. - unknown

... the future is not what it used to be. - Paul Valery (1871-1945)

We've gotten to the point where everybody's got a right and nobody's got a responsibility. - Newton Minow (FCC chairman)

If stock market experts were so expert, they would be buying stock, not selling advice. - Norman Augustine

Don't you wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence? There's one marked 'Brightness,' but it doesn't work. - Gallagher

"America was founded on a philosophy of individual rights, not group rights." - Clarence Thomas

It is bad luck to be superstitious. - Andrew W. Mathis

Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish. - Euripides (484 BC - 406 BC)

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs." - Dave Barry

A computer is a stupid machine with the ability to do incredibly smart things, while computer programmers are smart people with the ability to do incredibly stupid things. They are, in short, a perfect match. ~Bill Bryson

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning. ~Rich Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published