Monday, January 20, 2020

Experimenting With This Blog

People may have noticed I'm posting far many then I usually do, forty one so far this month. I wanted to see what would happen with my statistics. One may also note in a previous post I requested people subscribe either via email or RSS feeds. Of course I have no idea whether someone bookmarks or subscribes through a RSS feed but here's how things look so far. * Not a single additional person subscribed via email.
* There's been no increase in the number of 'return visits'.
* Only 1 person has left a number of comments.
* More people visit old past posts then new ones.
Although I intend to post heavily for the remainder of the month before drawing any final conclusions here's a few I have so far.. * It doesn't seem to matter whether I do 10 or the 41 I have so far the stats stay about the same.
* Nobody seems willing to engage through comments no matter what subject I broach.
* Around 90% end up here via a link from somewhere else or through a search engine..
* Various posts from years ago get about the same number of hits as my latest.
I'll address this again after January ends. I will say this much, preliminarily speaking, it's not encouraging.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published