Friday, March 29, 2013

A Cable Modem Tip

Reposted From January 11, 2010


A few days ago was the second time I ranted and raved around the house about my lousy cable internet modem and telephone service.

When a bit more sanity set in I looked at the blinking lights on the modem. Apparently it was having trouble connecting to an UP channel as well as a DOWN channel.

DUH!

Isn't that what those lights are for!

Could it be me?

Well.. YEAH!

I went outside to the grey cable connector box that the cable company installs on the side of your house. I removed all the connectors. Sprayed the male connector's threads with WD-40. Then reattached. el' magnifico!

I should have known. This past summer I went outside and just wiggled the connectors and poof, the problem disappeared.

So if your cable telephone modem seems to wink in and out or the cable internet modem drops out, try that before you vilify your provider.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published