Thursday, May 26, 2016

Restaurant Owner Criminally Charged Over Food Allergy


NY Daily News: Indian restaurant owner guilty of manslaughter after cutting corners in tikka masala recipe that killed man with peanut allergy-- "...led to the death of 38-year-old Paul Wilson, a bar manager, who suffered from anaphylactic shock after eating his takeout meal. North Yorkshire Police stated that Wilson’s container was clearly labeled “no nuts.”

Wow I'm sure glad I don't have food allergies. If I did I'm not sure I'd never trust eating out somewhere. One thing I'd be carrying was a epipen. That's for sure.

My step daughter is allergic to apples. She ate apple sauce and pies all her life. She was fine up until a few years ago when she developed one for some unknown reason. It almost took her out. Now she carries a epipen everywhere she goes at all times. Unfortunately she had to use it when she suffered a similar fate to the guy mentioned above.

Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea for restaurant owners to keep one laying around just in case. Sure beats the hell out of being charged with manslaughter that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published