Monday, December 30, 2013

My Blog Review 2013


As is my tradition I have reviewed my blog over the past year.

This year I'm not whining and moaning (as some have accused me of in the past)
:-)


Points Of Observation (In Review)
(1) There is a other blogger I've resisted all temptation to engage with over the past year. The guy's against all things involving cars, homeownership and wants everybody to live in chicken coops downtown. He loves punishing anyone who doesn't give up their cars, homes and ride public transportation. So allow me to take an opportunity for a brief moment to sum up my objections to this critter. I feel a need to get this off my chest for this one time only. Concerning 'Public Transportation'
* My daughter has two twin girls that are one month old. Is he suggesting she put them on a bike or push them in a stroller 8 miles away for their doctor visits (no bus service where she lives)?

* How the hell does this guy go grocery shopping? We come home with a 25lb bag of kitty litter and at least 4 grocery bags. Can you imagine my daughter on a bus with two babies, four bags of groceries and walking 3 miles either way to and from a bus stop!

* My wife drives 10 minutes to work. Checking out the LANTA bus schedules.. she would have to walk 3 blocks, change two buses (which would take 1 hour to get her to work) arrive two hours early and leave 1 hour after the store she works at closed?

Concerning renting a chicken coop
* We have over a 2,000 SqFt home that is paid off. So this guy thinks it's a swell idea to pay (what next door pays) $1,800 a month + utilities to rent as opposed to my $400 a month in taxes.

* If I were to rent a decent apartment it would exceed my social security check alone. Would he rather my wife & I sponge off the government in some government subsidized senior high rise instead?
Sorry.. I just had to get that off my chest 1st


(2) Another point of observation over the past year- I've created what I consider are great posts, but they are too long and windy. I'm going to try and do my best to keep them short. If anyone wants to comment I'll save my breath and go into greater details in that area if there is an expressed interest to do so.

(3) I've observed the larger portion of my visitors come from outside the Lehigh Valley. Therefore I will continue to focus on things beyond this area in the coming year ahead.

(4) I noticed I have lots of readers, but few (to none) who leave comments. That's a good thing. It indicates to me either they agree or have nothing to add to the discussion. Does that mean I'm doing my job well? Perhaps, since many of these also come back again.

(5) Even though on occasion I've interacted with other bloggers they've tended to ignore me. So for the past year I've rarely interacted with them. When I did leave a comment at another blog I've noticed that the person I was addressing did follow my link to this site even though they didn't seem to want me to notice. Good enough for me.

(6) I want to address the issue of anonymity (yet again). Anonymity and creditability are two separate issues. There are some other bloggers who consider me competition to them. I've never felt for one moment that blogging was a competition. Nor that someone's view depended on who they are or their qualifications by their professional or educational stature in life. ISSUES.. that's what it's all about. Those who tend to belittle this blogger by those means are simply trying to use nefarious means to win an argument. It's the oldest lawyer's trick in the book. Lawyers use it all the time to discredit a witness who they feel is a threat to their case. This says more about them then I. This is how I feel about that.

THAT SAID
Overall I think I presented a pretty good blog which presented 756 posts in the past year which interested me. I look forward to 2014 and hopefully I can do even better with even more posts said in fewer words.

I wish to express my gratitude to all of you who have continued to come here and read my posts. I also encourage any of my readers to engage with me when you feel my opinions are out of line or not factually correct.

With these thoughts in mind I wish all readers of this blog a healthy and better new year then the last. Along with my sincere appreciation.
           LVCI

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published