Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Early Christmas Gifts To Myself I Never Wanted

Things are really not turning out so swell the last few days. The furnace recirculation motor began short cycling on and off for two days. No matter what I tried there was no saving it. So I called UGI for service. Wouldn't you know it, about a half hour before the guy showed up it began working just fine. What's with that?

At the same time my computer's power supply fan began to sing. I've had this machine for about 6 years and have replaced both hard drives, the video board fan and the power supply itself. Again no matter how many times I shook it to make the noise stop it would return.

Since it crashes for no reason (sometimes 3x's a day) and it takes three tries for it to boot up when it does I figured it's time to order another one.

Well wouldn't you know it! That was three does ago and it's been working 100% ever since I ordered another one. WHAT'S WITH THAT TOO!

These are gifts I never wanted for Christmas This pretty much cleaned out what I had budgeted for Christmas for the entire family & relatives.

Not that I want to whine, but it's pretty tough around this time of year having to rely mostly on Social Security. This is when my homeowners & car insurances are due and when heating bills start coming in at around $200-$300 a month.

But I do want to give a shout out to UGI. Not only do they have excellent service (had the replacement pump motor on his truck), but the price was much better then if I called someone else. Even though the motor settled down I figured there's no such thing as self healing and had him replace it. I would hate to see the heat conk out in the middle of the night.

As far as the new computer, I think I'll leave it in the box and set it aside till this one finally gives up the ghost. I absolutely dread spending the 40 or so hours it would take to set it up. Plus I love my Windows 7 and don't at all want to go Windows 8. The Windows 8 is great for our mobile iPad, but as a desktop I'm not hot on it at all. I love the clean look of my desktop icons w/o all the clutter that Windows 8 brings.

As you can see I took all my 'Start Menu' apps and
put them into folders where I can quickly find them.


Presently I also have 5 speakers + a subwoofer the new one doesn't support. Neither does it have the TV tuner/recorder built into it I now have. May this computer live long and prosper so that I may leave the new computer boxed and remain as a backup for months to come :-)



Oh and by the way I've been nursing the 30 year old second refrigerator in the basement for weeks now. It could go at any time too.

Ho-Ho-Ho..

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published