Monday, June 28, 2021

Online Purchase Advice

While my VISTA account no longer generates virtual account numbers my MasterCard still does. I use this to generate a temporary account number (different from my card) with a dollar limit I can set.

I just used this because one of my renewals required me to accept auto pay. Something I will not stand for. So good luck to them trying to charge me anything further.

I've used this a number of times before because some sites save my credit card information. I'm not going to risk my information being stolen if someone hacked their site.

Sometimes these banking websites don't make it obvious but if one searches their site when logged in there is a good possibility they might have one.

Never use auto pay for anything. Any mistake they make will take weeks, months or maybe never at all after kissing their behinds trying to correct. It can also result in unexpected overdraft fees. Even possibly draining someone's account completely.


Why anyone would do this is beyond me.

It's like handing over strangers keys to the vault.

1 comment:

  1. Had some very bad experiences with auto-pay in the past. Don't use it anymore

    ReplyDelete

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published