Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Mom Used To Say "We Stink"

Perhaps as she grew older she acquired more knowledge then I appreciated at the time. Now, being as old as I've become, I find myself more and more in agreement with her. Especially given the stuff we're learning about our country's past history. Just look at a few of today's headlines. Krasner finds ‘horrendous abuses of power’ among cops, prosecutors in special report (Phila.)

Capitol Police IG To Testify That Rioters Stole Ballistic Vests And Helmets On Jan. 6

U.S. Military Guns Keep Vanishing, With Some Used In Street Crimes

899 People Got Expired Vaccine Doses At Times Square Site

MTA bosses ‘misused’ credit cards

Armor-piercing grenades stolen from train heading to Pa. Army depot

MLB Pitchers Could Face 10-Game Bans For Altering Balls: Commissioner

Woman Whose Wheelchair Delta Broke Reveals Hellish Truth About Flying While Disabled

Disney World sees huge rise in concealed gun arrests



Those are only some of today's. Seems rather fruitless for me to comment on them for there will dozens more like them tomorrow. Fortunately the wife and I spend most of our time on family and watching positive entertainment on TV when I'm not going through these for this blog.

Should this blog greater reflect my other interests instead?
Maybe just headlines I come across?
It's an issue I've always grappled with.

1 comment:

  1. At age 71, I have concluded I will not spend my remaining years stressing over things I do not have any control over, especially those things that don’t directly involve my family. I stopped watching/listening to TV and radio news programs. I am disappointed by the Morning Call and only scan it’s website quickly.
    As you know, some of the issues today result from a decline in morals, ethics, and lack of personal responsibility for one’s success and failure. That type of decline takes MANY years to correct.
    Look, given average life expectancy, it makes no sense going through my last chapter frustrated.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published