Thursday, March 18, 2021

People Are Trying To Out-Stupid Each Other




People might have noticed lately I've posted more music and informative stuff.

This is because I need a refuge from people trying to out stupid each other



So-called news networks spend a large amount of time trying to bash each other. Inviting a large number of guests who have opinions rather then information that actually might be useful. Somewhere facts get lost along the way. The evening news is even worse. Out of the 30 minutes 10 of those are spent airing ads for drugs. The news openings waste 4 minutes on needless headlines on what's coming up. Field reporters are given less then 30 seconds to present their report (often repeating what the TV news reader just said). Out of the remaining 20 minutes (if there's that much) all the stories are regurgitated from other sources which can easily be found on the internet. Throw in a national weather report and we're lucky to get 15 minutes left, The whole thing is a stupid waste of time for me.

The all time champs at people trying to out stupid each other comes from people in congress itself. If anyone can outdo TV bloviators it has to be congress members themselves. They'll say just about anything that will put them in the spotlight. A very needy bunch who need constant attention. Rather then coming up with legislative solutions they're constantly haranguing their opponents across party lines. They claim to be doing the "work of the people". Seems to me "the people" are mostly made up of lobbyists who in more then a few cases submit written legislation they'd favor members to introduce. Anyone ever actually speak one-to-one with their legislator for a few minutes? Thought not. I rest my case.

Then there's social media. For quite sometime I've either addressed false information on this blog or participated in comments in an attempt to fact check what was said. Problem is some people are far better at spreading fabrications faster then I can keep up. Rather then acknowledging they were mistaken they double down. I've gone through the same things in emails. Nearly each ended up in endless frustration. I seen some of the most outlandish stuff one could imagine. Another stupid waste of my time.

Divisiveness. There's no sense in even trying to address this. At the risk of repeating myself, people trying to out stupid each other. Cops (not all) obviously have issues dealing with the public due to some of the worse people they come across routinely. As a result tend to unnecessarily escalate certain situations. Almost everything becomes the news because people have a "us versus them" attitude. A unfortunate embedded trait most humans seem to be cursed with. This causes people to do stupid things. Another thing I'd be wasting my time trying to convince people otherwise. So ok here's where I'm at. I'd rather focus on just about anything other then those things I mentioned. They're unresolvable. Hence why I post many of the things I now do. I'm posting other stuff I come across which far better suits my nature. Conflict drains my energy. I've grown to recognize it more then I have in the past when it occurs. I made this post in recognition of this and a few changes in my life. Been watching more positive movies, musical performances and a whole lot less of "he-said, she-said" in the news and on social media. Even cut down on TV dramas that don't include humor nor friendly support between performers and actors over the last few weeks. Feeling a lot more positive as a result of it.

I'm sure a bunch of you don't give a hoot, but felt it was worth a mention as to why this blog is what it is. Ever changing. Uniquely mine for better or worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published