Thursday, April 30, 2020

Sometimes WFMZ Drives Me Crazy

All the reporters covering the big water main break in Allentown kept calling these streets "roads"."THEY'RE NOT ROADS.. THEY'RE "STREETS".. 17th "STREET". Walnut "STREET". Union "STREET". Where is the street sign that names any of them "roads"?

The other thing that bugs the dickens out of me is when they name a "mile marker" where accidents or construction is occuring. Who the hell knows what mile markers are where? As far as I know it could anywhere between Hershey and Easton. Maybe even beyond them. Same goes for the Northeast Turnpike. What exits are they near or in between?

Then there's the news reports about something happening in some township or county. WHERE? What's close by? Township and counties are spread over large areas, Hell I don't know what township most of these villages and municipalities are located in. Yeah I heard of the village of Maxatawny along Route 222, but how many know it could also be a township location outside of this immediate area in Berks county? I also know where Saylorsburg is but have little reference when a reporter says they're reporting somewhere from Monroe County. It sure would be nice if just for once they'd be more specific.

For example, Upper Milford Township encompasses the villages of Powder Valley, Shimerville, Vera Cruz, Old Zionsville, and Zionsville to name some of them. Lower Milford includes Coopersburg, Dillingersville, Hosensack, Limport and a bunch of others. I have no idea where they're reporting from if they are only going to tell me the general area within miles where they could be located.

So too those god awful pronunciations they sometimes make. I'll save that gripe for another day.

They all seem like nice people. I'm sure they do their best and I appreciate each of them. Also the fact we even have a TV station but those things I mentioned have annoyed me for a long time. If they only happened once or twice it would be fine, but this something that has been recurring repeatedly. Maybe it's just me.

1 comment:

  1. It's so hard to get L.V. news.I check Wfmz's web site several times a day to get the local news

    ReplyDelete

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published