Wednesday, April 1, 2020

FOX News Is Crowing About Their Ratings

FOX News
Ratings show liberal network’s audience flat while Fox News, others grow
"Fox News grew 38 percent among total viewers during the first quarter of 2020 compared to the same time period last year, and MSNBC's liberal rival CNN grew 26 percent, while MSNBC finished the quarter with roughly the same viewership as Q1 of 2019."

I think it's simply because sensationalism sells. Both MSNBC and CNN offer little in the way of personality. There's not a doubt in my mind FOX News has the market cornered when it comes to splashy hosts. MSNBC, for example, got rid of Keith Olbermann, Cenk Uygur and anybody else who had real personality and spit. It's pretty much the same over at CNN with boring guys like Wolf Blitzer and Anderson Cooper. Having to watch either CNN or MSNBC is like watching paint dry.

If either of the liberal networks want to stand a chance they should hire back Keith, Cenk or Joy Behar. So too not hiring Bill Mahr, John Stewart, Al Franken, Stephen Colbert or some other well known highly controversial personality all missed opportunities. Yeah sure most of those on the right would hate them, but that's exactly why they should have hired them. Make no mistake, whether they call themselves news or not, primarily they are in the entertainment business. Just as FOX News is.

If people really wanted just the news 'The PBS News Hour', OAN or BBC News would be number one. Clearly they are not. Why? Because each of them are boring as hell to watch.

5 comments:

  1. Keith Olberman, in your opinion, has real personality and "spit"??? Olbermann is one episode away from being forcibly removed from all public visibility and confined to a mental hospital, possibly forever. Unless he gets lucky and Covid-9 gets him first. However, your list of misfits displays your "wisdom".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're all misfits over at FOX that's why these would workout in a competing air slot. Each trying to out crazy the other.

      As for my wisdom... FU idiot

      Delete
    2. If anyone is wondering if I was too hard on this person it's because they left a expletive filled rant on another post (which I didn't allow to get posted). Plus I felt I was equally critical of all the networks.

      This is a good time to remind people to see my "comment Policy" posted below before anyone waste both their and my time. As always comments have to be approved because I get more then enough ugly crap coming my way almost everyday (along with a number of spams). This isn't a chat room nor will I allow it to become one.

      Delete
  2. Don Lemon has to be the 'Poster Child' of journalists for all time.No current news person comes close.I am in bed before 10 so I don't see him amymore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure he'd be in my top 10. If I had to pick a few Neil Cavuto (who is extremely fair), Rachel Maddow (who holds a doctorate in political science from Oxford University) certainly would be on the list. Chris Cuomo (formerly @ FOX) over at CNN might also be a contender.

      Delete

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published