Sunday, April 5, 2020

Coming To Conclusion I'm Not A People Person

I've always left my posts open for comments (pending approval). I've permitted them because I want people to correct me if I got something wrong, if there was a copyright issue or we shared similar personal experiences with one another. I also felt it was only fair since from time to time other bloggers allowed me to comment on theirs. Why should they if I wouldn't allow comments on my own?

At this point I'm beginning to rethink this policy.
Over these many years I've been lucky if 10 people ever commented in agreement with me. Hundreds of others (which I did not approve) either were (1) insulting or demeaning. (2) Resulted in relentless debates (3) Trying to take me entirely in another direction from the point I was making. (4) Some were threatening. (4) Most were ill-informed (half informed at best).

I guess I'm not cut out to be constantly having to defend my sources, positions, tolerant of being questioned or insulted. When I began this blog some 11 years ago I thought it would be a hoot to share my opinions and interests. This very much so is not turning out to be the case. Especially lately, over the last few months or so. This seems to be true not only on this blog but all across social media.

I'm reluctant to make this a read-only blog, but it's something I'm considering. Is there anyone reading this who have any thoughts why I should not do so? Pending a lack of response or reasons for not doing so I'll make my decision in the next few days.

Either way I fully expect to continue posting much like I've always done. I really do enjoy sharing things I come across that grab my interests. I hope many of the others who regularly visit to read things (even having never left a comment) will continue to do so. I want to express my gratitude to those folks.

Most Sincerely,
                       LVCI

3 comments:

  1. Never having met you, I can only suggest an opinion. My read of things could well be wrong.

    You crave approval. But, we ALL do to a degree that varies. For you, it’s relentless. You have latched on to a rigid political stance and can’t let go. You crack under deviation from your own path.
    Your demon now, is Trump.

    Blogs, message boards, and the like, are BUILT FOR DISSENT. Doesn’t matter what anyone posts, it’s immediately lacking and WRONG to someone else in the public square. These places are a recipe for frustration and failure. They attract conflict

    Realize your EXPRESSIONS are what matters most to just ONE person. Such must continue on, for your benefit only, but it can become tedious. What’s right for you breeds conflict. Some, to the point of silliness reflecting an inability to reason in that person.

    SCREW ‘EM ! Disable commenting altogether when you need relief.

    When someone lays out their thoughts by creating a Diary, or Blog, it’s done for a PERSONAL need, above all else. The rest is noise.







    ReplyDelete
  2. After careful consideration regarding the person who left excellent advice regarding comments plus the fact after 48 hours not a single person expressed any interest in support I've decided to turn off the comment section of this blog.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published