Sunday, April 20, 2014

LVCI's Version Of Easter Services

Like many, later today we'll have our 'traditional' family Easter dinner. Unlike many, I've been inclined to observe Easter in my own way. Rather then attending traditional religious services I find these videos to be of greater use to me.

After going to church with it's repetitious dogma year after year I personally felt no progress what-so-ever was made to a closer understanding of such things. If it only took a thousand sips of wine and wafers I'd have been good to go already after all these years. These will bring no one closer to understanding. Neither will reading a thousand times the same scripture we've heard time after boring time. If God just wanted a bunch of robots he would have instead preprogrammed our minds, given us batteries, a box of wafers and a few dozen jugs of wine.

The way I see it, God wanted humans to start out from scratch with new ideas and expressions not even God had or has yet to conceive of. God also endowed us the ability to understand our relationship with our creator if we so chose to make the effort. Chasing our own tails around every weekend doing the same thing over and over doesn't accomplish that.

The following two speakers are not questioning the existence of God or promoting a secular belief. Instead they are attempting to motivate listeners into developing a deeper understanding of our true essence. Keeping that in mind, I began my Easter weekend by watching a bunch of Rupert Spira videos which can be found HERE.

Below is one of them I found more interesting then some of the others. It ask the question...

What is Awareness?


The other set I watched was the 23 part series entitled "The Rabbit Hole" by Deepak Chopra.


SOURCE:
'The Chopra Well'


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published