Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Dieruff HS Pushing The Envelope

Express Times published the following video. It is of Dieruff high school rehearsing for their musical performance of "Chicago". The reason I said they are 'pushing the envelope' is because it is the first high school in our area to do this musical.

I spoke to one of the directors at one of the other high schools few years back about doing this musical. He told me he was reluctant. He feared daddies and mommies would come down on him for not wanting their daughters to appear sexy and grown up as these parts require. This musical has been done at a number of high schools elsewhere throughout the United States without a problem. I truly hope it won't be here either.

It is my opinion this is the high school musical to look out for at the Freddy Awards. My prediction is this will be the big winner this year. If not, it certainly is the one I will be rooting for.

Either way.. It's a MUST SEE!

Showtimes are this Thursday & Friday, April 3-4 at 7pm
and
2 pm. Saturday, April 5, 2014.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published