Saturday, January 3, 2015

Must Be Me That's Screwed Up

Today I went to withdraw some money from my previous employer's 401k plan just like I have been doing for the last 8+ years since I retired. That's when I was informed I can withdraw money only if I take the entire amount and close the account. If I did that it would mean I'd incur taxes amounting to several thousands of dollars I wouldn't otherwise. WTF!!!

Instead I've set up a IRA savings account with another banking account I have online so I can roll it over This was a pain in the butt. It. took over an hour plus and the printing out of forms I have to send in via snail mail. This means instead of taking the usual 10 minutes it will be weeks before I get this crap sorted out. If I had known I wouldn't have left my liquid funds get down to less then $500. Hope I can meet my bills because of these screwballs. Thanks a lot for NOT notifying me !!

Has this ever happened to anyone else?
- - - - -

The Day Moves On
I appreciate when websites try to keep it clean & simple like I try to do with this blog. That's not the trend!. CNN is the latest website to change it's format. Previously the Morning Call screwed around with theirs which loads other pages when I try to scroll down to the last paragraph to read a story. Even worse, when I try to scroll back up the article I was trying to read disappears. Who's the ahole who came up with that!

Prior Reuters, UPI and dozens of others have mucked up their sites and eliminated RSS feeds so now it takes twice as long to weed through them.

Must Be Me That's Screwed Up
It seems to me rather then trying to simplify, these geniuses are making it ever more complicated to get things done. I can understand why they want people to spend time on their websites. Advertising revenue is based on how much time is spent viewing them. What advertisers may not know is I and others aren't actually dwelling on them and for which they are charged.

I also have come to understand unless someone has a $100,000+ in their 401k's they can't be bothered. I had one guy call here (from my 401k) telling me sometimes people forget about their 401k's when they have less then a couple of 100,000 dollar$ left in them. What world are they living in OR is it just me too poor and stupid to comprehend the world I now live in?

In 2015 I plan to simplify
- If a news source doesn't RSS feed itself.. Poof!
- Good riddance to my former employer's 401k.
     My money will now be FDIC insured no longer subject to
     the loses I endured in the stock market the last several months.


Has anyone else noticed how things are becoming more complicated?
Is so, what are your plans in 2015 to make it less so?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published