Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Guns At Your Kid's Baseball Game OK?

Oh hell, it doesn't matter what you think anyway!

According to Bethlehem Township's CodeChapter 170: PARKS AND RECREATION AREAS
§ 170-8 Prohibited activities.
G: Firearms, except for law enforcement officers in the performance of their official duties to use, possess or discharge a firearm in any park.
[Amended 12-17-2012 by Ord. No. 11-12]

Now according to the Morning Call (01/19/2015) a "Tea party member tells Bethlehem Township it must repeal law banning guns in parks"

As far as I'm concerned I'd pull my kids from any event where some stranger (I know nothing about) shows up packing heat. We all know how some parents get all crazy in the stands. It's one thing to scream & holler in anger. Another if they should lose it and pull a gun. We've read several times in the news where a parent punched out a coach or ref. Now picture this same jerk with a gun.

Should I be paranoid seeing someone with a deadly weapon?
A better question would be what kind of "paranoid" shows up at a ball game or picnic thinking they need one?

Gun rights advocates talk about their rights. What about mine?
They may feel safer, but I sure as hell do not. I don't know who or what some gun toting idiot may be up to.

More guns don't make people safer. States with the highest gun ownership had 9x's the rate of unintentional firearm deaths compared to states with the least gun ownership. Look at other nations like Iraq and Syria where kids grow up owning guns by their 13th birthday. Is that what we really want?

I will be 67 years old next month and I can honestly say in all these 67 years I never once found one single reason or circumstance I had need of one. There's only two kinds of people I can think of who would walk around with one. Either a criminal or a weenie living in fear. Neither would I consider stable.

Here's the million dollar question
I don't want to hear about something you heard or read

Was there ever a single time you needed a gun to defend yourself?


1 comment:

  1. This video is a good example of why the second amendment exists, guns don't kill people. People kill people

    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=495_1421561814

    ReplyDelete

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published