Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Allentown Plans New Parking Deck

Randy Kraft , WFMZ.com Reporter-- "The Allentown Parking Authority plans to build a 1,000-space parking garage on the northeast corner of Sixth and Walnut streets in Allentown... Sketch plans for the seven-level garage, which will cost about $22 million."

Here I go again. I'm sure I'll sound as repetitive as hell, but who do you think is going to pay for this? You only get one guess.

The other questions I always ask is, does anyone seriously believe taxpayers are going to see a return on their investment and who actually benefits?

I'll add one more. If Allentown taxpayers are going to front the money for this, shouldn't they get free or at least reduced fees for parking?

The way I understood it a firm out of Boston was holding meetings to see what people wanted. Apparently this has been in the works before any of those meetings were announced. Imagine that!

Speaking of which I tend to think these meetings are more of a Q&A informational nature rather then actual input from Allentown taxpayers. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Don't get me wrong, Allentown seems to be on a roll, but all of this is hardly coming from a grassroots movement. So I put together my own little questionnaire. You only get two choices. No essay answers allowed.(1) How long have you supported the NIZ?
     (a) 1 Year
     (b) 2 or more.

(2) How do you feel about part of your taxes going toward gentrification?
     (a) Well pleased.
     (b) Want more used for it.

(3) How well is the city listening to your concerns?
     (a) A whole lot.
     (b) More then enough.

(4) Should city council...
     (a) Have less power.
     (b) The mayor more

(5) I want more parking.
     (a) Use more of my taxes to pay for it.
     (b) Charge me more when I use it

(6) I lived here all my life because..
     (a) There's no other place I want to be.
     (b) I've earned my fortune here.

(7) Crime reduction.
     (a) Put up more new shiny buildings.
     (b) Put up even more new shiny buildings.

(8) I enjoy the parks more now because...
     (a) They now have no mow zones.
     (b) The dams have been removed.

(9) I will now come downtown because..
     (a) Because my job moved there.
     (b) I can't find decent restaurants.

(10) I will now buy a house downtown because..
     (a) Of the great schools.
     (b) I'll be closer to all my friends now moving there.


Yeah I know
Just being satirical

But you get my point don't you?


2 comments:

  1. Does anyone ever comment here? If not. What is the point of keeping a blog that there is no interaction on? Seems like you are wasting your time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Does anyone ever comment here?"
      Yes (You just did)

      Thanks, I Appreciate your "interaction"

      Delete

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published