Saturday, August 23, 2014

NFL Has Lost It's Mind!

By Chris Morran | Consumerist.com, "According to the Wall Street Journal, the NFL has asked its final three contenders for the show — Coldplay, Katy Perry, and Rihanna — to consider paying the league, perhaps by contributing some of their post-event earnings."

Commentary
     Are you kidding me!

2015 Super Bowl ads will cost $4.5 million apiece for 30 seconds!

As far as I'm concerned I could care less who performs at the half time. If I wanted to watch a rock concert I would. This is about football. Second I'm not thrilled with either Coldplay, Katy Perry or Rihanna. Any performer who gives them a nickel is setting a terrible trend for the future. Not only that, how desperate are they?

In 2012 the super bowl brought in $470 million. A player in 2014 who was a "division winner that played in a wild-card game and went on to win the Super Bowl received $180,000 (or $45,000 per game), the largest possible share".

Why should any performer pay the NFL in 2015 when there's over a half a billion dollar$ dived up amongst TV networks, players and the NFL?

In my opinion any performer who pays the NFL is desperate. They may not be worthy of watching in the first place. Which is why my time would be better spent grabbing a snack, beer and talking about the first half among my house guests or at a bar.

If performers think half time is about them they are deluding themselves. Therefore deserve to pay whatever the NFL can take them for. Have I made myself clear?

2 comments:

  1. i had the same experience, and that's after the SOB's called me every week for two decades, asking if i had anything to donate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Michael was referring to my previous post My Stuff I Can't give It Away

      Thanks Michael. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

      Delete

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published