Sunday, June 22, 2014

Should I Do vBlogs?

Seven years ago I did a bunch of vBlogs before I started this blog. Here's a sampling of them from 2007. Would anyone be interested if I starting doing vBlogs like this again? If so which kind of format (Video #1, #2, #3, etc.)?

I was thinking about doing only one a week talking about that week's news stories if anyone expressed an interest since they take so much time to make. Or should I concentrate on a single topic w/o the high production green screen razzle dazzle?

Keep in mind these are old videos that related to ongoing issues at the time. Although some of them still seem to apply.

Or would you rather I stick with the non video text type of blogging?

 Let me know what you think.. Thanks.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



UPDATE
As you can see in the comments section below there hasn't been an overwhelming surge of excited people wanting me to do these. While I appreciate Matt's lone comment, it doesn't exactly inspire me to spend several hours to look for stories, compose script, search for pictures, background sound effects plus a few additional hours in my editing software. Not that I expected a bunch of people to encourage me anyway :-)

This was yet another one of my ideas that I wanted to run pass the readers of this blog. Like some of my previous posts I was trolling for some kind of feedback/interaction.

Yeah well, guess the video idea went over like a lead balloon too. Obviously doing labor intensive videos are out for me. Oh well, I gave it a shot.

2 comments:

  1. I like the green screen background you used. You should stick to once per week/short commentary on those topics of interest to you. One topic can easily become a rambling for most of the public that has a limited attention span and ability at comprehension.
    Lose the casual shirt and hat. Wear a dress shirt and sport coat (tie optional). I used to make videos for my business (yes, they are a PIA) and the nice thing is you only have to look decent from the waist up.
    Last suggestion, if you decide to do videos: Place your notes closer to and at the height of the camera lens to reduce eye movement, or actually have paper in your hand (as "newscasters" do).

    You did a great job on your videos and in speaking. It was nice not to hear an "uhmm," or "uhhh" after every other word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I only drag out the dress shirt/coat and/or tie for weddings and funerals :-)

      Delete

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published