Thursday, April 4, 2013

The Amazing 'Red Bull' Helicopter

Chuck Aaron is said to be, "America’s Only Aerobatic Copter Pilot". Chuck left this comment on the Wired.com article about him...
"Yes the FAA issued me at FAA-8710-7 Aerobatic Card (not ICAS). It allows me to perform "Loops, Rolls, Hammerhead Turns and any combination thereof."

It is the only one ever issued by the FAA to a Pilot using a Helicopter (originally issued to me on April 1st, 2005 and yes, this was a first). This allows me to basically perform any maneuver I can dream up...:)

The aircraft IS in Experimental Category because of the classified modifications we have done to the aircraft (yes, it is secret mods).
~Chuck Aaron~


Video Courtesy Glenn Pew

The MBB BO-105 Red Bull Helicopter is powered by two 425 hp Allyson Rolls Royce C-20B turbine engines.

Red Bull Helicopter does back flips

Video Courtesy "Red Bull USA"

I'll bet aircraft engineers are left scratching
their heads as to how this is even possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published