Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Teacher Resigns Out Of Frustration In A YouTube Video

4th Grade Teacher Ellie Rubenstein who taught in Highland Park, Illinois this past school year says, "I originally intended for this video to be watched by my administrators and my community; I had no idea it would reach so many. The thousands of stories already shared with me from around the globe that mirror my own are both critical and heartbreaking.

I cannot change the system from within, so I leave to allow myself to continue teaching in my way, on my terms. I never planned on giving up, and I never will. If you are interested in learning more about me and my future educational endeavors, feel free to visit http://tunes2teach.com

I have the deepest respect and gratitude for those whose voices join with mine, and for those who are still fighting to find their own."
Published on May 21, 2013

Comments On This Video


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published