Tuesday, December 15, 2020

I'm Being Scammed By Healthcare Insurance

boredpanda.com
Woman Shares How Her Insurance Company Tried Ripping Her Off After A Check-Up For Breast Cancer
"While many countries around the world are looking at American healthcare with confusion (and horror), for most Americans, this is everyday business they have to go through"

Check out her story. They wanted her to pay twice as much with insurance as without. 

Looks like I'm not alone. Just yesterday I was bitching about this very thing. My albuterol inhaler cost me 3x's more with my Part D Medicare prescription insurance then if I paid cash. However the problem is, even if I elected to pay cash my policy agreement with the pharmacy requires them to charge me 3x's more no matter what. So it's not an option.

They are charging $57.53 for an inhaler which could be bought elsewhere for as little as $18. Even two years ago before they instituted this deductible they still charged me $40. BTW if you look up this same pharmacy's full retail price on Google. They claim it less then $48. So how much damn profit are they making off these damn things!!

Here's the topper, my healthcare plan is owned by pharmacy store chain I go to. Two years ago they changed my policy from $0 deductible to $375. Like her there's no way I'll make my deductible before the end of the year.

Logic would have it if your paying premiums to this pharmacy chain's owned company we'd both get a break. Apparently not. It appears to me this drugstore is milking both their subsidiary and me for all we're worth.

Here's the scam..
Medicare Part D prescription insurance is only allowed to raise premiums so much per year So what they did was impose a deductible (something not thought about on an existing policy in the Social Security legislation). Thus imposing over a 200% increase in cost per year. Then on top of that (still not satisfied) their pharmacy division tripled the price for the medicine with should cost one third the price.



TALK ABOUT GETTING SCREWED!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published