Wednesday, December 30, 2020

LVCI End Of The Year Thoughts

As usual I reflect upon the past year regarding this blog. * I'd like comments/I don't want them. It sure would be nice if people gave me some feedback on many of the things I'm interested in and decided to share. On the other hand nearly every time I've gotten them it was to argue with me. So I suppose it's better to have none at all then further drain my energy after spending a bunch of time posting something in the first place.

* I've gone through my stats time and again. There seems to be no rhyme or reason why some posts take off like crazy and others do not. There is no special topic which interest people especially more then others.

* As much as I'd like to stay away from politics this topic seems to always draw me in. I wish it didn't. But it does. I suppose it's because the biggest idiots are talking nonsense. Sort of like a moth drawn to a flame. Why is that?

* It seems each year fewer and fewer people are clicking on blogs. More and more are posting their responses on Facebook and on other social media sites. Seems to me people want to hear more of themselves rather then listening to what someone else has to say. Despite the trend I will continue to express myself here. I'm simply not the kind of person who can deal with all the kind of crap that goes along with Facebook and all the other sites. It would overwhelm me.

* I've tried over the years to aggregate stuff that wouldn't be commonly found elsewhere. I never claimed to be a journalist or reporter. Rather offering opinion and presenting some topics which I hoped would be of some interest to people which they might have missed. Trying not to be too confrontational while at the same time freely presenting my views hoping people will respond in comments (although very few have).

* Finally there is this. I am requesting people subscribe in some way or another to this blog whether or not they leave a comment isn't of paramount importance to me. Rather I'd really appreciate being encouraged by the number of people who visit and read what I've gone to the trouble of posting.
Thus ends my usual annual review over the past year. If anyone has anything to add please free to do so. Either way if not, I look forward to my continued sharing of stuff with those of you who visit here from time to time.


May the new year be better then each of the last.

So too this blog continue to both inform and amuse in some way going forward.









Bob Kelly (FOX29-Philadelphia)/Mummers 
Outside the children's hospital


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published