Saturday, October 15, 2016

Yogisms



No doubt about it the late baseball great Yogi Berra was known for his sayings almost as much as he was for baseball.

Here's a few I came across.Nobody goes there anymore. It gets too crowded.
You can observe a lot by watching.
Go to other people's funerals or they won't come to yours.
It gets late early out there.
The future ain't what it used to be.
I never said most of the things I said.
Pair up in threes.
I usually take a 2 hour nap from 1-4 pm.
A nickel isn't worth a dime anymore.
It’s like déjà vu all over again.
Never answer an anonymous letter.
Cut the pizza in four pieces because I’m not hungry enough to eat six.
It was impossible to get a conversation going, everybody was talking too much.
If you ask me anything I don’t know, I’m not going to answer.
Half the lies they tell about me aren't true.
Baseball is ninety percent mental and the other half is physical.
Slump? I ain't in no slump... I just ain't hitting.
He must have made that before he died.
90% of the putts that are short don't go in.
I don't know if they were men or women running naked across the field. They had bags over their heads.


Yogi Berra at the 2009 St. Louis Sports Hall of Fame Enshrinement Dinner



Yogi Berra interview on Charlie Rose (1998)


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published