Saturday, October 15, 2016

Medicare Reform Law

The American Medical Association is reporting-- "A final rule released on Oct. 14, 2016 by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) details the final regulations for implementation of the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA), the historic Medicare reform law that repealed the Sustainable Growth Rate (SGR) formula last year."


Doctors have complained for years how each legislative budget session required congress to approve how much they will be reimbursed. Failure by congress to do so threatened their livelihood. This bill is meant to delete that problem.

The way I see it this was long overdue and demonstrates how both parties on either side of the aisle can work together to produce something useful. I figured I'd post this because I haven't seen media pick up this story.


If you check out the link it looks extremely complicated (well at least it goes way over my head). However be that as it may, hopefully this will be an improvement for physicians, Medicare patients and add to Medicare's sustainability.

For others, they'd rather see paint dry I suppose. But I felt it was worth mentioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published