Monday, January 18, 2016

These American Muslim Workers Need A Wakeup Call

Wisconsin's Ariens manufacturing plant takes away Muslim worship breaks
By Alexandra Klausner For Dailymail.com and Associated Press
"Now Muslims are only permitted to pray during their scheduled lunch break or else they will be fired... Dozens of Muslims are outraged after a Wisconsin power plant threatened to fire them if they took two five minute breaks daily in order to pray."

My Comments About The Article Above
Allow me to relate this to place I worked. Each of our production lines usually produced 200-300 bottles of product per minute. Shutting down 4 lines for at least ten minutes would represent an average loss in production of 10,000 bottles for each of two shifts (1st & 2nd).

There were about six workers assigned to each line. Assuming one or two Muslims would leave the line the other four or five would end up standing around with their thumbs up their asses. So in reality 6 employees doing nothing x's 10 minutes actually works out to a loss of 8 hours of labor over the four lines in the span two shifts each and every day. Throw in lunch and the regular breaks on top of that we're looking at a serious chunk of change having to pay for 8 hours labor and getting somewhat less then 7 hours work from each of those 24.

It's no wonder industry is taking every means to automate every operation possible. So would I. Manufacturing already had it's hands full with sick days, vacations, family leave, pensions, matching FICA, disability claims and all kinds of other benefit crapola people seem to come up these days. None of which these robot like machines require. All manufacturers want to do is run their productions lines efficiently. Manufacturing doesn't exist for workers but rather the other way around.

I like to consider myself a somewhat liberal and a reasonable person. On the other hand I ain't no sucker either. Not either for big businesses that exploit workers nor those who intend to suck the life blood from American industry either.

If someone needs to take time out for religious reasons a couple times a day seek another line of work that isn't production intensive. A few I can think of is in construction, farming or sales to name a few where 5 or 10 minutes isn't critical forcing other workers to stand around idle. If these workers cannot accept that, then production manufacturing isn't for them. Let's get real. If someone's religion was against alcohol or meat are bars and butchers suppose to accommodate those workers too!

If these Muslim workers are from other countries...
If I decided to live in another country it would be incumbent on me to learn the language and customs and adapt to them. There's absolutely no reason I can think of why anyone should adapt for me (kiss my ass). It would not only be rude but selfish of me to expect that. Furthermore if I wanted to live like a German, Frenchman or some other culture I should become like one. I sincerely feel if I wasn't willing, then I should just stay the hell where I'm at.

I expect no more nor any less of someone else then that which I expect of myself. That's not too much to ask. Someone coming to this country who cannot fathom this needs to be repatriated quickly by any means possible.

If in this case these Muslim workers are home grown Americans...
Then good luck in your next job. However if Ariens manufacturing gets boned in court I wouldn't blame them for one second if they shut the whole damn operation down and move it to China. As a consumer I don't want to unwillingly pay five or ten percent more contributing to your prayer needs. Keep screwing around with this over-the-top PC nonsense and that's what's going to happen when workers and the law makes these kind of unreasonable demands.



Under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, all employees are entitled to accommodations necessary to observe their religious duties


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published