Friday, August 12, 2022

What I'm Leaving Behind

A greater legacy then myself.
I'm proud of my step-daughter who has been an ICU nurse for almost 30 years, She's treated countless Covid patients before she transferred to now treat patients in recovery from surgeries. Her husband a highly skilled oncologist who treats cancer patients for a major medical facility. Two wonderful twin granddaughters whom seem to be on a greater path then I once was.

My Stepson who has spent 40 years as an emt and now a dispatcher for Medivac and still does occasional ambulance runs. His son who has done musicals and sings off and on publicly. Has a steady job which will help support his social teacher wife getting married soon. My stepson's daughter and her husband who both worked steadily since high school. Now raising their own son who is emotionally challenged with all the devotion they can provide.

A wife who always has been faithful and encouraging no matter my faults.

An old man's lament.
In other words, leaving a greater world behind then myself. Not everyone is fortunate enough to leave behind people who can make this world a better place. I consider myself fortunate. I never considered myself able to imagine such was possible through my own efforts. For that I am grateful.

I have no other reason posting this other then to let it be said sometimes we don't appreciate the good fortunes we've had in our lives and those who will carry on in this world beyond us. I've may not have contributed much. Knowing I might have added to this world in some unknown way brings me peace in-so-much that I haven't added to this world's misery.

Hopefully I will have many more years left looking forward to more of the same.

2 comments:

  1. I disagree with many (most) of your postings.
    This is no doubt the best, heart warming, and honest post I have ever read from you. Thank you for this one. I salute you.
    A Trump supporter

    ReplyDelete

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published