Friday, February 12, 2021

Hey Kids, Remember Pinky Lee?



"Hour Magazine" (1987) with 1950s TV star Pinkie Lee

According to Wikipedia, Pincus Leff was an American burlesque comic before appearing on his own kids TV show. He died in 1993 at 85 years of age. Much more information can be found on Wikipedia if you have further interest.

I'll admit I wasn't an aficionado of his show. Occasionally I watched it when I was a kid. These were the days when kid shows featured real life hosts. To name a few Buffalo Bob, Captain Kangaroo, Soupy Sales. Here locally Wee Willie Weber, Chief Halftown, Captain Noah, Sally Star, Gene London, Happy The Clown along with others. Today's kids mainly experience cartoons. Somehow they've been deprived of the human element replaced by over the top unrealistic animated super hero characters.

Some of my other Saturday morning shows  I enjoyed (pending my age) was SkyKing, Fury, Andy's Gang (Andy Devine), The Little Rascals, Romper Room and Rootie Kazoodie, Roy Rogers to name a few. All of them advertising cereals and toys kids were suppose to nag their parents in buying.

Wonder why main stream networks abandoned shows like these?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published