Saturday, February 20, 2021

Norton- What The Hell Is This About My Blog ?

Which BTW there are none on the right

I just happened to do a google search for my blog. I have Norton installed for years spending a pretty good buck on it and THIS IS WHAT THEY CAME UP WITH?

If you don't have Norton installed you won't see them. Norton is a browser add-on. No I'm not going to challenge it but I find it fascinating every other blog I've Googled didn't have a caution flag on it. Each had a green checkmark. Why me?

I also consider it extremely odd never once has Norton popped up an alert on my blog webpage while viewing it. My blog (along with comments) are far less offensive or controversial then just about anything I read elsewhere. I also wish to point out every single one of my links were never flagged when I visited them. Otherwise I never would have posted them here.

It most certainly can't be the number of links either since The Drudge Report has nearly 100 of them and it too has a green checkmark. It can't be my statcounter because other sites use that as well. Even the statcounter website itself has a green checkmark.

I pride myself on sourcing every one of my facts. Never asking for money. Annoying people with constant popups. One thing I can guarantee my readers 100% there is no reason to be cautious of anything you come across here.

If anything Norton is the problem. It constantly pops up on my desktop trying to get me to buy stuff. Something I cannot opt out of seeing. Dozens of email solicitations ever since Life Lock bought it out. They've even changed the setting for my passwords I once used to store strictly on my computer alone. Now they captured them and put them on their cloud servers. There's no way to change it back like it use to be. Talk about a security risk if there ever was one. Even if I quit Norton they'd still likely have passwords to every one of my accounts. If there ever was a reason to caution flag someone Norton would be it. So right back at ya Symantec (Norton). Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Now let's see if they red flag my blog in retribution.

1 comment:

  1. Be careful my friend. Even this post if read by Tech-lord algorithms, could be considered "Anti-Symantec" . lpl

    ReplyDelete

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published