Wednesday, March 4, 2020

A Hodgepodge Of This And That (03/04/2020)

One of the thoughts I have on my mind over the last few days was about people commenting. All too often it comes from a place of unknowingness. I find it increasingly hard to fathom why this is.

In my younger days I had only a few places to go to get the information I seek. It was either go to the library or if lucky enough to look for whatever I was seeking up in the encyclopedias we had at home. Or if really lazy just call the reference desk at the library and wait for an answer. With today's smartphones, personal computers or with these "virtual assistants" (SIRI) there is no excuse for some of these folks being so ridiculously misinformed as some of these comments indicate.

I realize I should be more patient but it makes me wonder if society is becoming intellectually lazy or just those who are prone to leave comments.


In response to the feared coronavirus handshake AOC came up with this...



It seems conservatives everywhere (including Trump's tweets) are concerned Bernie Sanders is getting a raw deal by the democratic party. Could it be they are trying to sow chaos within their opposing party? Why? Are that troubled by having to run against Joe Biden?

Looks like Emily left Allentown's story of corruption behind only to find another where she went. Call it job security if you will. :-)


The other day in one of my comments I used the expression, "the whole 9 yards". This caused me to wonder where the expression came from. Well here it is...


I notice if you add them all up there are more newspaper subscribers then viewers of the three major cable news channels combined.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published