Sunday, March 24, 2019

My Pharmacy Driving Me Nuts

Thursday two weeks ago I got email it's time to renew my prescription. Since my van is in the auto body shop ( 6 weeks when promised two) I waited till Monday the following week to renew. Got a robo call it's too early to renew and scheduled them for Friday and Sunday later this past week. Come Friday said one of the four wasn't in stock and expected them the following Tuesday. Then on Sunday said the second would also have to be ordered a few days later. On the same Sunday said one of them would cost $183 which it wouldn't. Medicare part B pays for them. When I called she said Medicare isn't open on Sunday she would call them on Monday.

Point is all four were prescribed on the same day three months ago and now it will take at least two weeks to get this straightened out so I can pick these up without making three trips (if I'm even able to get this billing straightened out). I'll be lucky to get them before my medicine runs out.

Last year I went through this same thing three times. I even got a bill one time saying I owed them $400 when my insurance already paid them. What a bunch of shit!!!!

Anyone else have these same problems?

5 comments:

  1. My wife has been having major issues with Walgreens regarding her blood pressure medication.The doctor prescribes for 30 days and she gets a renewal tomorrow .I get my med from the V.A. and phone order the stuff but they have cut back to a 39 day supply omly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I've totally had these problems. We used to use a CVS pharmacy. They were always out of stock of meds we needed, they LOST a couple of prescriptions I had dropped off (they were later found in a tech's pocket), they shorted us a on the quantity of a painkiller prescription for my daughter's bone cancer (and when I called about it, they said I should have had them count while we were at the pharmacy - they did not care at all that a dilaudid had been stolen from my daughter's prescription bottle, which was absolutely shocking), they constantly billed our insurance and secondary insurance wrong, and they would NOT stop calling all the time - each RX generating a different refill call. You can imagine - we had a lot of prescriptions going with a sick child. It was insane. So, I had to disconnect my landline and switch pharmacies. We now use the Health Spectrum Pharmacy at Lehigh Valley Hospital (Cedar Crest). It's a great pharmacy and we never have any issues. Even though my kiddo is out of treatment and no longer at the hospital all the time, we make the choice to continue with this wonderful pharmacy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monkey Momma thanks. I might have to consider 'Spectrum' since my experience with CVS is much as you describe it.

      Delete
    2. My wife took her blood pressure medicine prescription to the Walmart Friday and medicine was %50 cheaper than Walgreens

      Delete
    3. When I compare prices online usually Walgreens & CVS are at the upper end

      Delete

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published