Monday, September 25, 2017

In The News (09/25/2017)

Don't Succeed The First Time Maybe The Second Will Be The Charm
The New York Times reports the Commodity Futures Trading Commission thinks it's a swell idea to now let commodity traders report themselves for wrongdoings. In other words the CFTC is reducing oversight once imposed by the Obama administration. Keep in mind this was the same bunch that almost bankrupted the economy back in 2008 costing taxpayers billions of dollars driving up our national debt. Drain the swamp--what swamp--I don't see no swamp.


Addressing Gun Control
Reuters-- Secret Service arrests man with guns near White House on Sunday. There were a slew of charges. The one that drew my interest was having "a dangerous weapon outside of a home or business". I understand this was near the white house and all BUT what does this say about "equal protection under the law" for the rest of us? Why is it OK to for the feds to oppose gun rights they aren't willing to live with for themselves?
What am I--chopped liver?



CBS New Series ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ HERE WE GO AGAIN !
Sunday night I watched this new program on CBS. First off I think the whole story (lacking in depth) could be summed up in a sentence or two. The starship came across a Klingon beacon. and a mothership. Should they attack or not. That's when 20 other Klingon warships arrived threatening them. It's also where CBS left us hanging. Viewers will have to choke up cash for CBS all-access to see will happen.

Three problems. (1) It's lacks a story line and the humor Captain Kirk once brought to the series. (2) If writers can't wrap up a story in 1 hour they're obviously pandering to the network to get us (3) TO PAY FOR THE DAMN THING.

This is the way CBS is starting to roll. They give us one episode for a new program--for the second season in a row--what amounts to nothing more a one hour promo to buy what they're selling. You guys own 4 cable channels you're already making money off of. Let me sum this up in two words--"greedy pigs".


Today Megyn Kelly Debuted Her New Show



Check out my post on 09/23/2017
I was heightened with the people attending and speaking at the "Global Citizens" rally in New York's central park on Saturday. There are so many other things I read where people have made a positive impact. I've posted several pieces on the most amazing things some people are doing from time to time over the years. By and large I remain convinced the good deeds people do outnumbers the bad.

In the coming days I will attempt to strike a better balance commingling the negative with the more positive stories within my reporting. Upping my game--if you will. These shall also consists of more informative items I come across. Those which have little to do with the drama playing out daily along with a comment or two. Take this as one such example...


COMMENTARY
If our mind held predominance over our physical world (if it were a illusion unto itself) we would be born with the ability to walk and talk. Since we aren't I conclude it's just another organ which develops to sustain a need for our bodies to survive. Wouldn't it be great if it were otherwise?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published