Saturday, September 23, 2017

In The News (09/23/2017)

Behind The Scenes Of Work Going Into this Blog
Wandering around for news gets more time consuming. Last week 'Philly.com' put up a paywall after three articles. 'Lehigh Valley Live.com' discontinued their RSS feeds. 'The Morning Call' never did one single RSS feed for all the stories they publish and also uses a similar paywall. RSS feeds makes it easier for me to go through hundreds of stories each day without having to visit dozens of cluttered sites. Websites tend to get cranky with my AdBlocker, initialize popups halfway through reading or some auto-running video.

I can understand why each want visitors. So they can generate revenue from their advertisers. But I can honestly say I never ever once clicked or bought anything on one of them. So too 90% of the news content itself is useless to me. I like RSS feeds because I can choose from a list of headlines. I need only click on those of interest. Over a third are repeats of what others have already written. As RSS feeds start disappearing it's is taking up more and more of my time unnecessarily.

As a result of the ever increasing complexity of numerous sites I committed myself to making this blog as simple as possible. I'm attempting to get to the point short and concise as possible throwing in some humor alongside my opinions. Hell even this explanation became too windy. I'll try to do better. I'm still working on it :-)


These Are Suppose To Be Our Examples Of Leadership?
New York Post reports a legislative representative in Texas showed up for work hopped up on morphine. That ain't all. She has 19 other accusations being made against her. Check out the article. Texas voters seem to like what she's doing. She's serving her 12th term in office. Goes to show you can never underestimate the intelligence of voters. Wonder if she voted against legalization of marijuana?


James Comey Gets A Toast
Not in a good way. Reuters--Protesters chant, boo through Comey university address. Republicans or Democrats-- does it matter? Who doesn't like a good ole trashing of a present or former public figure? This is America's pastime, These speeches for many are more fun then paying the cost of admittance to the fair...


Yup--that's what it feels like for those who get involved with the public

It's like deja vu all over again.

People thrive on this kind of stuff for some reason



Senator McCain Ain't Going Along With It
Friday Sen. John McCain said he won't vote for the Graham-Cassidy proposal repealing and replacing Obamacare. "“I believe we could do better working together, Republicans and Democrats, and have not yet really tried." Same goes with Rand Paul for a different reason. He wants a 100% repeal of Obamacare in it's entirely Well this ought to go over like a lead balloon since they may not have the votes. Let the name calling begin by Donald Trump and his supporters. BUT BEFORE they do let us remember what Trump promised people who voted for him--he'd have a much better cheaper healthcare plan that will completely cover everyone.


Prosecutors' Criminal Lab Chemist FOS
Slate.com reports a lab chemist used by prosecutors in Massachusetts might have fudged some 18,000 lab results. She's accused of not only fudging lab results but also was a user herself stealing seized drugs sent to her lab. It shouldn't be any wonder then why I have so little faith questioning everything. Sometimes I ponder whether this world was created similar to a hologram by the "Gods" for their amusement in such foolishness.


Ye Gads--I have so many stories yet to get to
Check back later when I have time to get to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published