Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Wall Street Tycoons Looking For Suckers?

I'll admit I'm totally 100% naive when it comes to Wall Street investments but in my opinion this looks like a sucker's bet. Keep in mind this is only my opinion and in no way should be construed as investment advice or what I'm about to say is anything other then my opinion.

The New York Post is reporting New Hostess owner plans to take the company public-- "Three years after buying it out of bankruptcy.... Apollo and Metropoulos bought most of the Hostess snack brands out of liquidation for $410 million in 2013 and successfully relaunched products. Last year, they tried to flip the business for $2.3 billion but shelved the sale after failing to get offers." . Instead they now plan to take it public.




Can anyone having working knowledge explain to me why they would take it public and not keep this so called $2.3 business entirely for themselves?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published