Sunday, April 24, 2016

Judith Hill Ever Hear Of Her?

Prince did !

What may be my last post regarding the late artist known as Prince I thought this worth noting. He had a way of staying in the background. Because he never was outspoken in public I don't think he ever received the acclaim he should have for creating other great artists. Judith was one of his latest.

In 2015 he turned Judith Hill into a true artist. LA Weekly: Judith Hill Has a Grammy and a Prince-Produced Debut Album — But She Almost Quit Music


Wikipedia: Judith Hill-- "Her debut album "Back in Time" was recorded at Paisley Park, with Prince as co-producer... Prince did not discover Hill on “The Voice” or in the Michael Jackson movie “This Is It,” where she was featured as a backup singer in rehearsal for his upcoming tour. He learned about her when he saw a video clip of her being interviewed on a Revolt TV show and she mentioned that she’d like to work with Prince.


The following video (released in Fall 2015) came about as a result of Prince's interest in her


FINAL THOUGHTS
Outside of the music business I think few had any idea how relevant and active this guy was right up to the very end. As for Judith herself. She may turn out to be the best blues artist to come down the pike since Janis Joplin (who she reminds me of).

Prince really flew under my radar. It's a shame it took his death to bring him to mine and others attention. Here was a guy who seldom took credit for the artists he helped create. Nor exploited his philanthropy. A humble well spoken guy. Now I understand why all the fuss over his death.

Although this might be my last post about him, it won't be my last thoughts of him and all he's accomplished. My hopes are, because of Prince Rogers Nelson, others will be inspired whom were blessed to have known him. That's the legacy I think he would have liked.



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published