Saturday, July 26, 2014

My Top 10 Posts Of All Time

Since 2008- Listed In Order

(1) Posted Saturday, October 29, 2011- Bolshoi Theater Back In Business
(2) Posted Monday, January 20, 2014- Dealing With Parking During A Snow Emergency
(3) Posted Friday, December 27, 2013- Why We Can't Afford Cedarbrook Or Gracedale
(4) Posted Monday, September 26, 2011- On This Day: 1st Debate On TV
(5) Posted Monday, April 15, 2013- On This Day The Titanic Sank
(6) Posted on Monday, September 28, 2009- Pennsylvania Sales Tax- Everything You Need To Know
(7) Posted Friday, October 25, 2013- Les Trésors Allentown
(8) Posted Sunday, January 27, 2013- VIDEOS Dorney Park's History
(9) Posted Monday, February 18, 2013- HUMOR: Older Men Scam
(10) Posted Monday, November 25, 2013- JFK On The Issues


Analysis
60% of the top read posts were historical or informative in nature.
40% of the top read posts are humorous or about entertainment.

60% were posted in 2013
30% were posted before 2013
Only one of the top 10 was from this year (2014)

Upon Review..
From that information It's not clear what posts appeal to people the most. However when I look over all of 1,105 posts, political posts seem have the fewest readers. Perhaps this is because we have several blogs here locally who's main focus is on politics. Not to even mention cable news burnout from their endless political pundits 24/7/365.

I think it's safe to say the majority who visit this blog come for mainly two things. Information that has historical or entertainment value and/or for humor. I find it a bit hard to limit myself to those since I have so many opinions about so many things. It's a shame because that is what I enjoy most about blogging. However I've come to realize even when I post something that should set people off.. it doesn't. And yes, I have done that deliberately on occasion. While I never sought out to have the most readers it's important that I remember it takes as much effort to compose hot topics as it does to write about other stuff.

I'm A Slow Learner
So after 6 years of blogging and publishing web pages 3 years before this, upon review, I'm going to try and limit myself to humor, information, entertainment and historical material. With a dash from time to time the sharing of personal stuff. Oh I'm sure I will still throw my opinions in the mix, but I will try and limit myself from now on to those four categories.

As always, if you have something to add, feel free to leave a comment or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published