Sunday, March 24, 2024

No Reason To Cut My Social Security/Medicare Benefits

I was curious so I checked my Social Security records, I still have $24,572 more paid into SS then I received so far. So I don't want to hear any shit from those members of congress who are looking to cut back my monthly SS checks. You guys borrowed my money now pay it back and shut up!

Medicare that's a different story. What I pay in plus supplemental ($4,500 a year total) cost the program more to cover my medications alone. This could be easily fixed if the knucklehead legislators would rein in the drug industry. In my case it would cost about $3,000 less to Medicare if my medications could be purchased in other countries. One of the major reasons Medicare finds itself in the situation it's in is because congress is sitting on it's ass doing nothing about reining in these out of control prices.




So I don't want to hear about program cuts till these bird brains in congress go after the real culprits taking advantage of the current system.

2 comments:

  1. I am Hoping Congress doesn't cut MedicareI too have Medicare supplement and spent 74 straight days in Hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also on Security and Medicare. I see no reason to believe Social Security for those currently receiving a monthly benefit will have our benefit amount cut. I do know some are trying to use that as a scare tactic to prevent Trump to be elected. I haven’t read anything from him that suggests existing benefits being paid will be cut. He does talk about various steps that COULD be taken to extend the life of our Social Security System.

    As has been done before, FUTURE beneficiaries might have to wait longer to be eligible for their first scheduled payment.

    I very much expect the amount of taxes we all pay on each Social Security dollar received to rise. That would happen just be eliminating the current Trump-reduced tax bracket amounts. In other words, making some of your Social Security benefits, and withdrawals from other pensions, become taxed at a higher rate.

    We WILL see a rise in all kind of taxes, regardless, due to outrageous spending by Congress and the massive influx of unemployed, needy residents walking across our borders. This nation cannot afford what’s going on now.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published