Friday, May 14, 2021

My Home Grocery Delivery Experience

Up to now it's been a good (although pricy) experience throughout the pandemic. Today I'm of a different mind.

Prices for items are said upfront to be 15% more expensive online then in-store prices. All figured I paid $110 more on our latest $370.40 monthly order then I would have if shopping myself with the fees/required tip added on. If that weren't a deterrent enough five items were cancelled that I ordered rather then substituted as I requested. This screwed up our meal plans. I was also charged for a single item that was supposed to be a three pack. Hard for me to imagine the delivery person didn't take two for themselves out of the package. Grocery scanners don't screw up.

I'd really like to help these delivery/shoppers earn a living in these hard economic times. However a near 30% premium for their services is unrealistic.


Looks like (after a year) we'll be shopping for ourselves once again. I really miss the ability to do comparison shopping via unit pricing. Something which is harder to do without seeing products on the shelves side by side.

Anyone else have any input on this?

4 comments:

  1. We have been Ordering food from Walmart for about 6 months .You do pay extra for the convenience

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How much extra?

      When I looked online all I can find is a Walmart delivery fee (I think around $9) but not the service fee. That's the biggie on ours.

      Delete
  2. My Wife tells Me WE pay $99 and tips for the drivers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of thought they'd all charge about the same. Thanks.

      Delete

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published