Friday, April 16, 2021

Parking App Used In Lehigh Valley Breached

hackread.com
ParkMobile parking app data breach – 21M user records stolen, sold
"ParkMobile is an Atlanta, GA-based company that offers a free app allowing users to find open parking spaces... The data included in the listing concern email addresses, phone numbers, license plate numbers for all registered vehicles of a user, and hashed passwords... data items that have not been accessed because they were not present in the ParkMobile database, to begin with, are parking history, location history, social security numbers, driver’s license numbers, and plaintext passwords."

I have a pile of now nearly useless quarters in my car's cup holder. None the less think I'll stick to the old fashion way of parking. Going to stores with their own free parking lots. For one I don't have a smart phone. Secondly it gives me one more reason to avoid downtown and it's parking fines and other problems.

One of the things I find of annoyance is the City Of Allentown requiring me to park headfirst on their parking decks. If I ever need road service the engine compartment is not easily accessible. Neither would a tow truck have easy access. Most problematic is not having a clear view to back out into oncoming traffic and pedestrians. Also my extended van has a limited turning radius making it impossible to pull in forward on a single swipe. Which is what I can do when I back up by positioning the back end within the narrow spaces. 

Some may say, well then don't go. Checkmark... no worries...  I don't.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published