Saturday, April 17, 2021

Logistics of Shutting Down the Cruise Industry


I was wondering how they were making out. As a side note regarding cheap labor. I spoke to a few when we went on our cruises. Most of them said compared to the money they'd earn where they came from was double sometimes even more. It's a win win for everybody. We also found they were some of the most personable people you'd ever meet. I took the time and learned from them things I never would have.

Where else could you get a room with a view that changes every day, meals and shows for less then $70pp a day on up in 2021?


Our 2002 Caribbean Cruise

1 comment:

  1. Thought I'd add this here so the post wasn't too long.

    Everyone should experience the nightly dinning room meals. We met a retired couple from the UN. Another young couple from New Zealand Another husband and wife from the Philippines and a few more from other countries. We got to know our waitress and her wedding plans. Also Alex (I'm sure that's his abbreviated name) at the poolside bar from Nigeria whom shared a lot with us.

    It's quite surprising how friendly people from other countries can be. We've become somewhat delusioned into believing they aren't like us. In some cases it may be true. Many of them are less prejudiced and more grateful then we. But we'll never know that unless we get out and meet them. Cruises make it possible.

    I'm also somewhat embarrassed I and most Americans aren't able to speak in their native tongues as they are ours. Although we may never cruise again I will always have those memories.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published