Thursday, December 19, 2019

My Answer Machine Took Another Scam Call

It's really good at that :-)

A woman thinking she was speaking to someone said, "This is the awards department. Can you hear me?"

It's an oldie but goodie. If you say yes it's being recorded. Usually it's some company looking to switch your utility, telephone provider or something similar. Your saying yes gives them go ahead to do whatever they're looking to do. In other words you inadvertently gave your consent verbally.

It's called TELEPHONE SLAMMING (Wikipedia). Don't fall for it.

2 comments:

  1. We haven't got a robo-call in a while.We block them when we got them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to block them but were still getting them with 19 blocked. The reason is the same ones spoof dozens of other numbers. I'd bet if I could do them all there would be nearly a hundred making it impossible to block them all. Besides like I said they spoof a different number just about every time they call.

      I don't want to create a call acceptance only list since my doctors and other people call from lots of different phones from time to time.

      Delete

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published