Sunday, December 29, 2019

How FOX News Controls What Gets Reported

WARNING: Foul Language.

You’re watching Fox News.
You just don’t know it

Like em' or not they are good at what they do. They set the bar... the rest follow. However according to 'Business Wire' (12/11/2019) "FOX News Channel (FNC) notched its highest-rated year in primetime in its 23-year history with 2.5 million viewers...". So in the grand scheme of things even combined these news shows are only watched by less then 1% of the American population. That being the case I suppose it's no big deal since 320 million aren't watching any of these news channels.

Hell even Trump has only 68 million followers. Meaning over 250 million could care less what any of them have to say. Less then half of the population bothered voting in 2016. Perhaps politics won't be on my front burner in 2020. These are things I need to consider going forward.

5 comments:

  1. Perhaps Vox, Slate, and Now This, won't be on your front burner, either in 2020. See, while you trash Fox, you probably unknowingly allow the above leftist opinion sites to steer your view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you probably unknowingly allow the above leftist opinion sites to steer your view.
      The only bias I have is for the truth no matter the source. Have you bothered to look at my prior post from 3 days ago entitled, Impeachment When The Shoe Was On The Other Foot? In it I used a 'Daily Caller' video.

      I explained numerous times I have tons of RSS feeds from all kinds of sites both left, right and in-between. Some reflect my views more then others. I also have Google at my disposal which I use constantly to verify from several sources (including the government agencies themselves) what is true and what is not.

      Your use of the word "leftist" tells me all I need to know about you. It's a word people like you use as derogatory remark. Frankly I'm extremely inpatient with people like you who put be me on the defensive with your accusations. If you want to talk about some specific fact you disagree with regarding this post I'm willing to discuss it. Otherwise comments like yours serve no other purpose then to try and discredit me. I find it offensive.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the interesting video.Since retirement I've turned into a political junkie.With so few Americans watching the news it is no wonder Fox is playing to it's viewers and C.N.N, M.S.N.B.C. and the others are broadcasting to their viewers. Its all about the ratings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since retirement I've turned into a political junkie.
      Yeah me too. I gotta knock it off.

      Its all about the ratings
      Here too these political pieces get the most views. In 2020 I intend to stay focused on issues themselves while trying to avoid attracting comments like the one above. I really wish people would focus their attention on what I post rather then what they think of me. They offer nothing to the topic at hand.

      Delete
  3. To my way of thinking this post was meant to slam MSNBC and CNN as much as it was FOX. If anything it pointed out how FOX leads the others by a nose ring. So too how few are concerned with any of them. A bit of self criticism as well for being somewhat guilty of focusing too much of my attention on them.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are under moderation. Meaning pending approval. If comments are disrespectful or do not address this specific topic they will not be published